LFS 6.9 Glibc-2.3.6

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 17:24:45 PDT 2006

On 8/18/06, Scott Castaline <hscast at charter.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-08-18 at 15:37 -0700, Dan Nicholson wrote:
> >
> > $ readelf -l /tools/bin/gcc | grep interpreter
> >
> > If the output says /lib/ld-linux.so.2, then you're in trouble because
> > that dynamic linker doesn't exist yet inside the chroot. It should be
> > /tools/ld-linux.so.2. What do you get?
>
> It does indicate /lib/ld-linux.so.2...
>
> Is there a quick fix that I can do or do I need to start all over again.
> I do remember having trouble with making the symbolic link, but
> eventually I thought I got it to work.

Not really a quick fix. That location is hard-coded into the binaries,
so it they have to be rebuilt or they won't work inside the chroot.

The cleanest way would be to start over. But, you can save yourself a
little time (don't have to wait through a gcc bootstrap again).

Leave the chroot. Go back to Ch. 5.7 in the book, Adjusting the
Toolchain. Redo the part about creating the GCC specfile very
carefully. Then go to the bottom of the page and do the sanity check.
Don't move on if it doesn't pass.

Then you have to redo the rest of Ch. 5 because all of these binaries
may need to be rebuilt to know about the new dynamic linker you want
to use.

Good luck.

--
Dan