LFS 6.2. Ch6.9 Glibc-2.3.6 error during make check (system halted)

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Aug 18 02:08:07 PDT 2006

On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 at 10:39:19AM +0200, Danny wrote:
> hope I can skip a bit ...
> -Isysdeps/ieee754 -Isysdeps/generic/elf -Isysdeps/generic
> -D_LIBC_REENTRANT -D_LIBC_REENTRANT -include include/libc-symbols.h
>          > /sources/glibc-build/c++-types-check.out
> make[1]: Target 'check' not remade because of errors.
> make[1]: Leaving directory '/sources/glibc-2.3.6'
> make: *** [check] Error 2

 All this means is that one or more tests failed "unexpectedly".

> As said before, the system has halted so I am wondering what I can do
> after a reboot to prevent this from happening again.

 Unless you are automating the build, every command halts
eventually.

 You have completed the first of two commands which are grouped in a
single box in the text (I'm assuming you are using a graphical
browser, lynx won't show the box).  Run the second command (the
grep) to see which test(s) failed AND read the list of common issues
beneath it - the "math tests" and "when running on older and slower
hardware" comments definitely apply to your PII.

Ken