message when the system starts (LFS 6.1)

Vladimir A. Pavlov pv4 at bk.ru
Thu Aug 17 12:04:54 PDT 2006

On Thursday 17 August 2006 12:06, samuel wrote:
> Hi .....
>
> My name is Samuel. I'm from Blumenau-SC, Brazil and I installed my
> first LFS (6.1).
>
> When the system starts a message appears saying:
>
> "Digit the root password for maintenance ou press Control + D"
>
> After press Control+D, the login prompt appears.
>
> I do not want that this message appear. What to do ???

AFAIK this message appears _only_ if the system is unable to start
correctly due to some errors (may be filesystem check failure or
similar, or you might pass 'single' option to the kernel comand line).
In other words you have a problem which isn't the second login.

The preceding messages (if possible) would be very useful to solve the
problem.

Anyway, you can still type root's password instead of pressing Ctrl-D
and then just logout. The system should reboot then.

--
Nothing but perfection
pv