LFS 6.1.1: umount: /mnt/lfs: device is busy

Angel Tsankov fn42551 at fmi.uni-sofia.bg
Sat Aug 12 02:41:45 PDT 2006

>> Couple of possibilities....
>> You are in one of the directories or subdirectories (use pwd to find out
>> what directory you are in)
>> you have a window from the host open in one of the directories.
>> If you are in the su enviroment for building that would cause it to be
>> locked up as well.

> Also, if you forgot to unmount anything while chrooted, that would do it too.

I have not mounted anything other than the following devices (during populating /dev):

mount -nvt tmpfs none /dev
mount -vt devpts -o gid=4,mode=620 none /dev/pts
mount -vt tmpfs none /dev/shm

I guess I do not need to unmount these devices, right?

And one more thing to mention:

A couple of seconds after `umount /$LFS` failed I issued the same command again and it succeeded.