Problem with building Perl-5.8.8 in section 6.2.2

Don Clarke clarkedon at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Aug 10 12:45:04 PDT 2006

Thanks to everyone for the responses.

I've solved the problem and I think I know what caused it and what the
solution was.

I think the problem was caused by running the following in the LFS:

./configure.gnu --prefix=/usr \
    -Dman1dir=/usr/share/man/man1 \
    -Dman3dir=/usr/share/man/man3 \
    -Dpager="/usr/bin/less -isR"

Last night I tried again but used the "./Configure" option. Once built I ran
the built "autoconf" and it worked!

I noticed that there was an option to include old library paths in @INC
which in "./Configure" the default is not to include but I suspect in the
"./configure.gnu" script the default is to include ...

Hope this helps.

Don.