lfs-support Digest, Vol 1044, Issue 1

Richard Melville richard.melville at ntlworld.com
Thu Aug 10 01:08:09 PDT 2006

>>The @INC path has the /tools directory hardwired into it.
>>
>>I've tried using grep in the Perl source tree to find where this occurs
>>but have had no luck.
>>

>I don't know why this would happen. Just to make sure, could you run
>the sanity check at the end of the GCC build in Ch. 6.12? There should
>be almost no references to /tools left after that. I suspect that it's
>finding that /tools/lib is your standard library directory.
>
>I can't quite narrow it down, but look at config.h after Configure.
>There are some variables in there that seem suspicious. Otherwise, you
>have to grovel through the the Configure script, which is equivalent
>to gouging your eyes out with your thumbs.
>
>--
>Dan
>
>------------------------------

I had a similar problem with Autoconf and Perl in LFS 6.1.1.  The Autoconf
configure script was trying to access Data/Dumper.pm in @INC.   Perl had
installed itself in usr/local instead of /usr and the configure script
was looking
in /tools/lib.
To save time I just removed the /tools symlink in /usr/bin and replaced
it with
two symlinks to /usr/local/bin/perl and /usr/local/lib/perl5.  Everything
now works just fine.

Richard