Problem with building Perl-5.8.8 in section 6.2.2

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 11:53:37 PDT 2006

On 8/9/06, Don Clarke <clarkedon at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> The final build of Perl works fine but when I try to build autoconf
> The @INC path has the /tools directory hardwired into it.
>
> I've tried using grep in the Perl source tree to find where this occurs
> but have had no luck.

I don't know why this would happen. Just to make sure, could you run
the sanity check at the end of the GCC build in Ch. 6.12? There should
be almost no references to /tools left after that. I suspect that it's
finding that /tools/lib is your standard library directory.

I can't quite narrow it down, but look at config.h after Configure.
There are some variables in there that seem suspicious. Otherwise, you
have to grovel through the the Configure script, which is equivalent
to gouging your eyes out with your thumbs.

--
Dan