LFS 6.2 ncurses failure

Peter Ennis peterennis at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 8 14:54:46 PDT 2006

Dan,

I have not yet worked out how to link yahoo to gmane, so
the thread will be split :(

I followed the debug suggestions, output attached
with comments. I also ran the sanity check.
It shows some succeeded and also failed messages.
The succeeded match the book but there is no
info about failed.

Nothing obvious stands out, so I am wondering
if the failed messages mean that the original
toolchain was somehow corrupted, which would
mean reformat and go from scratch!

It is the same system that has happily compiled
this numerous times since 6.1 so before trashing
the system I just wanted to check for some subtle
bug or if it is (a)typical PEBKAC.

Thanks,

Peter