LFS Version 6.2 - Binutils-2.16.1 - Pass 1 - compilation fails

Mag. Leonhard Landrock 1977-Hamlet at gmx.at
Sun Aug 6 03:16:16 PDT 2006

Am Samstag, 5. August 2006 16:09 schrieb Chris Staub:
> Mag. Leonhard Landrock wrote:
> > Hi everyone!
> >
> > Note, that I just realized that error after I tried to build gcc.
> > Probably the (failed) gcc build broke something.
> >
> > BTW: My binutils script looks like this:
> >

> > Can anyone give me a hint, where the error might result from?
> >
> > Kind regards,
> > Leonhard.
>
> More information is needed. What do you mean "failed GCC build"? Is this
> binutils pass 1 or pass 2?

Well, as in the reference said: first pass

And now some information from trying the same stuff without a script.

lfs at veneto:~$ cd /media/sdb3/sources/binutils-build
lfs at veneto:/media/sdb3/sources/binutils-build$ ../binutils-2.16.1/configure --prefix=/tools --disable-nls
checking whether ln works... yes
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executables.

Regards,
Leonhard.