Linux-libc-headers

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Aug 4 06:30:20 PDT 2006

On Fri, Aug 04, 2006 at 06:40:52PM +0530, Ambarish Mitra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The question is on: 5.5.1. Installation of Linux-Libc-Headers
>
> It is mentioned to copy the kernel headers as:
> cp -Rv include/asm-i386 /tools/include/asm
> cp -Rv include/linux /tools/include
>

> But, should it not be?
> cp -Rv /usr/src/kernels/2.6.9-34.EL-i686/include/asm-i386 /tools/include/asm

 If you want to build RedHat Enterprise Linux From Scratch, perhaps
that is the way to go.  What we are doing is building a new system
without the influence of the host's system.  If you cd into the
directory created when you extracted the headers, you will see that
the asm headers are in include/asm-i386 - ALWAYS cd into the
directory before attempting to follow the instructions.

> -Ambarish.

 I'll ignore the amusing disclaimer, because I'm sure you have no
choice in the matter - any mail sent to this list is archived.

Ken