glibc-2.3.4 make check error

Brandon Peirce brandon_peirce at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 2 17:34:43 PDT 2006

On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 14:11:39 +0200, Danny wrote:
>Now I am trying to build a LFS on my PII, 350MHz, 96MB
>
>Unfortunatly now I am stuck at chapter 6.11 from the book (V6.1.1)

>Make[2]: *** [/sources/glibc-build/posix/bug-regex24.out] Error 1
>Make[2]: *** [/sources/glibc-build/posix/tst-regex2.out] Error 1
>Make[2]: [/sources/glibc/posix/annexc.out] Error 1 (ignored)
>Make[1]: *** [posix/tests] Error 2
>make: *** [check] Error 2
>
>I've checked the archives back till january 2005 and read every post about
>glibc, and found that annexc.out can be ignored (like it says)
>but I don't know about the other two.
>
>Can some please shed a light on this for me?

Danny, I was building on very similar hardware (PII, 180MHz, 96MB)
until the box died on me earlier this year.  I suffered a lot of errors
which I eventually identified to be timeouts.  I can't find any logs
that old, but those two regex failures do look vaguely familiar.

I suggest you scan the test suite log files in the build tree for further
info, but most likely your build is fine.  If you really want to be sure,
I can try to describe more-or-less how it tracked them down but
be warned, it's tedious work.

Brandon.