Glibc failure on Sony Laptop

Joseph M Dupre (AVAB Inc.) dupre at avab.com
Mon Oct 31 09:53:01 PST 2005

For the Record:

I started getting a failure on the glibc tests (tst-timer4.out) which
was really strange because I had done several builds on the same
machine without getting the error.

The one thing that was different:  I had the network cable plugged in
when the tests failed.  No network cable, no failure.

The computer is the Sony PCG-GRX670, and I was using nALFS and the
lfs-livecd-x86-6.1-2 cd as the build OS.

I have read that there are some issues with the network chip on the
sony laptops having the "sleep mode" bit set.  This may have
something to do with the issue.

- Joe