udev chapter 6

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Oct 29 11:55:19 PDT 2005

Jasper Leemans wrote:

> Should I be worried or just ignore the error, sda is it scsi or sata?
> ...anyway I don't have any of those, but I just don't like errors :-D

You can safely ignore the error.  It's actually caused by us moving
coreutils' `test' binary from /usr/bin to /bin.  The udev test suite
assumes it's in /usr/bin, so when we moved it to /bin, the udev test
fails because it can't call it.  This has been fixed in the book
already, so you can either ignore the error or try following the
instructions in the upcoming 6.1.1 book at
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/testing/ if you'd like to see a
clean udev test run yourself.

Regards,

Matt.