ifconfig

Daryn Neadow dneadow at appliedsystems.ca
Fri Oct 28 14:05:50 PDT 2005

Hi,

I have installed lfs 6.1 on my embedded system and it boots ok. I have
several questions:

1. it seems that there is no ifconfig command, so what is the equivalent
for that ?

You can use ip in place of ifconfig or install net-tools from blfs to get
ifconfig if you want it.

2. before I log in, it prompts me with lfs login, however, after login,
the name does not show anymore, instead, it gives me -bash-3.00. I
checked under /etc dir, there is no HOSTNAME file, when I type hostname,
it does give me lfs. how do I change -bash-3.00 to lfs ?

I believe that if you complete the post-lfs section of blfs it will address
this issue for you.

thanks for the help.

howard