LFS SVN and Package Management using Package Users problem

Matthias B. msbREMOVE-THIS at winterdrache.de
Wed Oct 26 10:45:04 PDT 2005

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 09:43:32 +0200 Luca Dionisi <luca.dionisi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Matthias
> I report the output of the commands you suggested.
> Does it help?
> Perhaps -o+w is the right option, while +o+w is not. Just a guess.

Both do the same thing or at least they used to. I've just checked the
NEWS file for findutils. Apparently the + form was a GNU extension (which
is unfortunately not mentioned in the manpage) that has been removed for
POSIX compliance (I hate it when they do that). The /mode  has replaced
+mode. But in cases where there's only one permission bit the - form is
the same, so it's best to replace the +mode with -mode because that's
POSIX compliant. I'll try to make a new release of the scripts this
weekend.

MSB

--
Dyslexics have more fnu.