SOLVED: x86_64 binutils "cannot run C compiled programs"

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Oct 25 13:27:36 PDT 2005

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005, Ryan Twitchell wrote:

> Ken,
>
> Thank you for your advice, I'll make sure my future postings of this
> nature got to lfs-dev. I'm sorry I wasn't more specific, but I was
> using the pure64 book, hence my confusion about having somehow linked
> to lib64.
>
> Ryan

  Seems I'm expressing myself badly at the moment!  Let me try again.
IF something in one of the books is wrong, it needs to be raised on
lfs-dev.  Support questions belong here, as do the answers, so you were
correct to post your solution.

  Any references to lib64 in the pure64 books are errors.  But, as many
of us have found, they can also indicate we are reading the wrong
version of the book.

Ken