chap 6.14 GCC build, failed

David Lyne davelargeuk2 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 25 08:05:57 PDT 2005

Hello Howard.

> while building gcc pass 2, it failed for the following:
>
> /usr/include/asm/errno.h:4:31: asm-generic/errno.h: No such file or directory
>
> I checked both LFS /usr/include/ and /tools/include dir, the entire dir
> asm-generic is missing.
>
> do we need this dir ? can I copy the entire dir from my suse 9.3 host ?

I can't offer you a full solution, but in the spirit of trying to give
something back here's my input:

I don't have an asm-generic directory in /usr/include, so I imagine that
you've done something wrong somewhere. Double check that you've applied
the patches properly!

Lastly, I would never, ever copy header files or anything else to do
with the toolchain from the host. This can lead to loads of problems,
and as I'm still a newbie I know that I'll not be able to solve the
resulting mess on my own!

Hope this helps a bit.

Dave
8o)