No more ptys....

Jeff greersfos at excite.com
Sat Oct 22 18:10:24 PDT 2005

I am at section 6.13 in LFS 6.1 - Binutils....

I received the "no more ptys" problem after executing the expect command.

I am trying to complete LFS on a Via EPIA M-1000N motherboard. While completing the previous section for Glibc, I encountered the math errors that seemed to be expected per the wiki page due to the non-Intel CPU.

Up to this point I did not have any problems that I could no resolve. If I log in as "lfs" rather than chroot, the test "expect" test completes properly.

I expect that this must be either a permissions or path problem but I can't seem to find the solution. This seems to be a common problem after reading the wiki and searching the mail list but the answer alludes me.

Thanks for any suggestions, Jeff