LFS SVN and Package Management using Package Users problem

Tor Olav Stava t-ol-sta at online.no
Fri Oct 21 08:44:27 PDT 2005

Luca Dionisi wrote:

>Hi Tor
>

>>Have anyone out there been using the More Control and Package Management
>>using Package Users (v1.1) with the latest LFS-SVN's?
>>

>I've got a _similar_ problem with list_package.
>
>I'm using LFS 6.1 Stable.
>At the beginning it was doing fine. From a certain point
>towards, - I can't recall the exact point, but I think I was already
>in the BLFS side - the list of files it produces in the second part
>of the output includes files from the home directory of
>the package user and shows them in the wrong groups
>(e.g. world writable and they are not)
>
>Any suggestions?

No suggestion, but I can confirm this on my side too. It's been that way
for as long as I've been using pkg users (since LFS 6.1 stable).
I've tried looking trough the scripts, but my knowledge of shell
programming is quite limited, so haven't been able to figure out
anything useful :(
I'll try further to figure out what's going on, but it will be a slow
progress as I have to learn as I go..
All input on how to approach this would be appreciated. A clean solution
would of course be the ultimate ;)

Tor Olav