glibc snapshots

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Oct 19 16:09:04 PDT 2005

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005, Doug Ronne wrote:

>>   What host system were you using, and which architecture ?
>
> I am trying to install on a pentium m (i686) laptop.  My host system
> is an LFS svn from about 6 months ago (gcc 3.4.3).  I'm playing around
> with a lot of options to see how I eventually want to rebuild my
> "optimum system."

  Thanks.  I can't see anything obvious - LFS-svn builds binutils, gcc,
libc-headers, then glibc.  Cross-LFS obviously cross-compiles, but using
libc-headers, binutils, glibc-headers, gcc static, glibc, gcc-final.

  Unless it's loading config.cache with libc_cv_forced_unwind=yes and
libc_cv_c_cleanup=yes, but I thought those were specifically for
cross-compiling.

Ken