glibc snapshots

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Oct 19 15:01:06 PDT 2005

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005, Doug Ronne wrote:

> In my general playing around, I was interested in using a
> glibc-snapshot (20051017) for a lfs.  But when I tried to just install
> it in place of glibc-2.3.5 in the current svn lfs it errors out with:
>
> /mnt/lfs/sources/lfs/glibc-build/libc.a(iofclose.o):(.eh_frame+0x11): undefined
> reference to `__gcc_personality_v0'
[...]

> Is there some special procedure that has to be followed to compile
> from a  snapshot?

  Sure, drink copious amounts of beer.  Well, it passes the time!  But
seriously, I'm trying this week's snapshot on x86_64 just for the hell
of it - builds fine, test results similar to previous versions (on
32-bit multilib, I'm seeing a *lot* of test errors, but that might be
me).

  I am, of course, following the Cross-LFS build method.  I can't think
of anything sufficiently different to lfs-svn to account for its failure
to build for you.  Are you using glibc-20051017.tar.bz2, or one of the
other tarballs (glibc-2.3, glibc-ports) ?  i686 ?

Ken