Cross compile for an i586

Tor Olav Stava t-ol-sta at online.no
Mon Oct 17 03:01:07 PDT 2005

Rainer Peter Feller wrote:

>On Mon, 2005-10-17 at 11:13 +0200, Tor Olav Stava wrote:
>

>>Rainer Peter Feller wrote:
>>

>>>what about the uname kernel hack?
>>>I have modyfied the old (2.4.x) source to work with 2.6.x
>>>(see arrachment)
>>>

>>I've already started the build, just replacing the 'uname -m' command
>>with i586 which gives target="i586-tools-linux-gnu". Doubt it works, but
>>I'm giving it a try.. ;)
>>
>>Think my module setup is corrupted, as your source failed to compile.
>>Will try to fix it and use the hack if the current build fails.
>>

>1. thehehe no, it is not my source, I make it only compile for 2.6.x

Hehehe.. very sorry bout that..

>2. oh should work, at least it works for me (2.6.12)

Yeah, I guess it will work when I sort out my module trouble..

>3. he target looks suspicious to me, but why shouldn't it work :-)

Somehow it seems too easy :) The toolchain is almost ready, think I'll
have the basic system running tomorrow, so I'll just cross my fingers
till then.

If anyone could tell me if this is a waste of time, and it won't work,
please tell me.

Tor Olav Stava