Expect-5.43.0 make failure in LFS 6.1.3

Default User xyzzyx at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 16 13:59:38 PDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-10-16 at 21:41 +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Oct 2005, Default User wrote:
>
> > I am trying to create LFS 6.1.3, using only the current x86 LFS livecd
> > on i586 hardware, nothing exotic. At LFS-BOOK-6.1-HTML Chapter 5.9.1
> > ("Installation of Expect"), when I get to "Build the package:", I enter
> > the command:
> >
> >    make
> >
> > after which I immediately get the message:
> >
> >    make: *** No targets found and no makefile found. Stop.
> >
> > with no other output.  The current directory
> > is /mnt/lfs/sources/expect-5.43, created by automatically by untaring
> > Expect in /mnt/lfs/sources, as with the previous packages.  I have tried
> > to follow the instructions exactly.  I tried searching the mailing list
> > archive for lfs-support, without success.  Any ideas?
> >
>   Either you forgot to run the configure, or it didn't work.  If it
> didn't work, what error messages did you get at the end of it ?
> Possibly a problem with $TCLPATH.
>
> Ken

I did run the configure step right before that, cutting and pasting from
the book page for accuracy.  echo $TCLPATH returns:

pwd

as set in 5.8.1 "Installation of Tcl". BTW, I am logged in as user lfs,
per instructions.  And I did apply the patch
expect-5.43.0-spawn-1-patch, also as per instructions.