Installing Binutils (5.3.1)

Melvin Poindexter melvinpoindexter at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 14 07:26:32 PDT 2005

Thank You for your prompt response. I will follow your
suggestion because it makes the most sense. This is
what I originally thought was supposed to be the way
to do it. But, the reason I untarred the Binutils
package outside the $LFS/source directory is because
of the statement in Ch5, "The Binutils documentation
recommends building Binutils outside the source
directory in a dedicated directory:".

Perhaps I read it wrong. Thank You.