Cross-LFS x86_64 problem

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Oct 12 14:30:23 PDT 2005

  I've got a funny one here - built a x86_64 cross-tools and temporary
system on i686, but in installing the temporary system's gcc (section
6.4) it's screwed up - no libgcc_s.so.1 in /tools/lib, but a *32-bit*
version in /tools/lib64.

  The cross-compiler in section 5.11 correctly installed libgcc_s.so.1 in
both /cross-tools/lib and /cross-tools/lib64.  The only variation I can
see in my scripts is that I've got
"CC=${LFS_TARGET}-gcc -march=athlon64" instead of "CC=${LFS_TARGET}-gcc"

- anybody recognise the problem ?  Failing that, any suggestions what
I've done wrong ?

Ken