large file support

Torsten Vollmann Torsten at Vollmann-Online.de
Wed Oct 12 07:11:32 PDT 2005

> hm AFAIK the kernel is LF capable and most progs also ...

That's what makes me wonder in the first place...

I use the latest unrar (3.51) from www.rarlab.com with is fairly recent

> this prog has to have LFS if you compile it from source try to add
> "-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64" to
> your CFLAGS before running ./configure
> or pass --enable-largefile to the configure script

It has only a makefile and the first and the last option is set, the second
is not - will try it out.

Is there another "unrar"-prog I can/should use?