large file support

Rainer Peter Feller Rainer-Peter.Feller at physik.uni-hamburg.de
Wed Oct 12 06:19:13 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-12 at 14:40 +0200, Torsten Vollmann wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I want to enable support for filesizes greater than 2GB on my LFS 6.1 system.
> The information I googled up seems rather old (talking bout 2.4 kernel and
> old glibc) or just doesn't help (just listing the possibilities). What I
> figured out till now is that support is there in general, but has to be
> enabled by compiler flags at installation.
>
> Can anyone please hit me with a hint (or a link for starters) ?
>
> I have an rar-archive consisting of several ~1 GB files and want to unrar it
> resulting in an ~7GB file...
>

> Thanks,
>
> Torsten.
hm AFAIK the kernel is LF capable and most progs also ...
what do you use to extract the file?
this prog has to have LFS if you compile it from source try to add
"-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64" to
your CFLAGS before running ./configure
or pass --enable-largefile to the configure script
CUH Rainer Peter Feller