large file support

Torsten Vollmann Torsten at vollmann-online.de
Wed Oct 12 05:40:15 PDT 2005

Hi.

I want to enable support for filesizes greater than 2GB on my LFS 6.1 system.
The information I googled up seems rather old (talking bout 2.4 kernel and
old glibc) or just doesn't help (just listing the possibilities). What I
figured out till now is that support is there in general, but has to be
enabled by compiler flags at installation.

Can anyone please hit me with a hint (or a link for starters) ?

I have an rar-archive consisting of several ~1 GB files and want to unrar it
resulting in an ~7GB file...

Thanks,

Torsten.