error while make-ing binutils

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 10 06:56:38 PDT 2005

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005, sunaram wrote:

> sorry i thought binutils-2.15.97 is the newest. i have 21 unexpected
> errors in ld test. all the others are fine. should i continue?

i'm probably not the right person to be giving advice here, being
totally new to LFS in general.  i'm only describing some of the things
i've seen in trying to build toolchains with "crosstool" once you move
to a linux distro that uses gcc-4.0.x.

when you do that, a lot of combinations of older components simply
fail to compile.  beyond that, i really don't know the effect in using
those new components with respect to LFS.  some of the LFS experts
would undoubtedly give better advice than me.

rday