UTC=0 does not work for /proc /sys /etc

akihiro watanabe 渡辺明宏 antonio at msf.biglobe.ne.jp
Sun Oct 9 20:46:09 PDT 2005

When I set UTC=0 in /etc/sysconfig/clock, time stamp for /etc,
/proc, and /sys directory are always 9H ahead of system time.
Other part of the system have correct time stamp.

My timezone is JST (GMT+9H)
hwclock/date command and BIOS clock show local time.
I copied /usr/share/zoneinfo/Asia/Tokyo to /etc/localtime as
instructed in LFS book.
however, clock for /etc, /proc, and /sys are 9H ahead of JST (GMT+18H)
Once I set timezone to JST, /etc /proc /sys are sdjusted +9H against
hwclock regadless of UTC=0/1

I tried hwclock --localtime --hctosys after system boot mannually but no
effect.
I have rebuilt LFS to LFS several times but always the same.

Anyone has ideas ? Thanks in advance.

Bets regards,
akihiro