Step 6.11 - Glibc - tst-rwlock6 error

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 10:04:37 PDT 2005

On 10/6/05, Jon Fullmer <jon at jonfullmer.com> wrote:
> Not to beat a tired point, but the more I think about it, the more this
> could easily be related to NTP.  It would seem that the glibc tests are
> based on the clock it keeps within itself, but also somewhat upon system
> time.  If NTP were to do a time adjustment during the test (even a slight
> one), it would confuse the test.  Thus, the mysterious "timeout too short"
> message.
>
> Thoughts?

Only from observation, and knowing nothing about how the glibc tests
are run, I'd say yes.  The only reason I tried this was from an LFS
mailing post of bug that I read where glibc test failures were stopped
by shutting down ntpd.  I believe it was an Alexander Patrakov post,
but 15 minutes of searching came up with nothing.  Maybe it's all in
my mind.

Dan