Glibc-20050926

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Oct 7 07:24:09 PDT 2005

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005, Luca wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I'm trying to follow cross-lfs-20051006-x86_64 to build a multilib system
> however in chapter 5.7, building cross-tools, I have the following error:
>

> checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc... (cached) gcc
>
> checking version of gcc... 3.3.5, bad
>

> configure: error:
>
> *** These critical programs are missing or too old: gcc
>
> *** Check the INSTALL file for required versions.
>
> lfs at SUSE93:/mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-build>
>

> Could it be because my host is SuSE 9.3 32 bit, and if not, how to solve this
> error?

  I'll take a guess that glibc-20050926 is not 100% friendly to
cross-compiling.  You did use gcc-4.0.2 to build the cross-compiler,
didn't you ?  If that's the case, it sounds as if gcc is testing the
host compiler instead of the cross-compiler.

  I'll take a look, but don't hold your breathe, I'm not good at hacking
the toolchain.

Ken