Trying (and failing) to boot LFS from a Compact Flash card

Jeroen Bruinink jeroen at netstation.nl
Fri Oct 7 06:51:09 PDT 2005

Hi there,

I'm trying to boot LFS from a compact flash card using a usb reader. I
installed LFS in an image, using loopback and alfs. USB mass storage and
SCSI support is in the kernel. I used dd to copy the image to my CF
card (/dev/sda1). Next I installed Grub on the CF card.

Now when I try to boot, I get a kernel panic because the kernel can't find
/dev/sda1. Is there any way to solve this, preferably without using an
initrd?

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
with kind regards,