LFS 6.1 build and boot problem

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 13:50:00 PDT 2005

On 10/5/05, Jeremy Shivers <shivers53 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> OK, problem solved!
>
> It was due to corrupt files copied over from the skeleton directory of the
> alfs profile. I downloaded and edited them in Windows which I should know by
> now, screws everything up! Grrrrrr!

In case you find yourself in the situation again, I found a couple of
nice GUI tools for Windows that handle Linux linendings nicely.
Somebody named Flo wrote some very simple tools (which is great since
on Windows most of the utilities assume you want the kitchen sink
attached to them).  The first is notepad2 which handles both
linendings, handles regex searches (IIRC), and syntax highlighting.
The second is textview, which is basically notepad2 stripped down to
just a viewer.  Nice if you want to just read a file and not have to
futz with wordpad, etc.  Here's the website:
http://www.flos-freeware.ch/.

Dan