LFS 6.1 build and boot problem

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 11:44:06 PDT 2005

On 10/5/05, Jeremy Shivers <shivers53 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> >Sounds possible, what is your machine ?
>
> P3 600
> 384 RAM
> 24 Gb 5400RPM
> Intel e100 integrated nic

> following each chapter in the book? The automated process takes about 6
> hours and 30 minutes to complete. If I remove all gcc "make check"s I can
> get it down to almost 5 hours. I usually let it run at night. I also checked

I have basically the same setup, but with more ram:
P3 500, 512 MB, ~20 GB partition

I'm in the middle of working on the lfs build at the moment, so I just
tested glibc-2.3.5 the other day.  It was clean and none of the tests
time out on me, but I believe I did have this problem the first time I
tried LFS.  BTW, apparently, that extra 100 MHz in the CPU is giving
you quite a boost because glibc, gcc, and binutils in Ch.6 with their
testsuites takes 6 hours by itself.  Ouch.  Maybe it's time for new
hardware.

No idea about the bootscripts characters.  Just wanted to confirm that
that hardware works fine for me.

Dan