error in iofclose.c(lfs6.1-glibc-2.3.4)

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 08:10:17 PDT 2005

On 10/4/05, umar <amu_314 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> iofclose.c: In function `_IO_new_fclose':
> iofclose.c:60:
> `_IO_acquire_lock_needs_exceptions_enabled' undeclared
> (first use in this function)
> iofclose.c:60: (Each undeclared identifier is reported
> only once
< snip the rest of errors stemming from this problem>

Is this the first problem in the log?  In my experience, when gcc
complains of an undeclared function, it's because a header is missing.
 Just above this portion, does it tell you that it cannot find a file?
 Particularly, a header file, *.h?

If I had to guess, I would say that linux-libc-headers wasn't
installed correctly and glibc can't find the headers it needs.  You
didn't say which chapter you're in, but make sure that Ch. 5.5 and Ch.
6.9 are done correctly.

If the problem isn't because it can't find a header file, then I don't
know how to help.  Sorry.

Dan