whither "binutils-2.16.1-posix-1.patch"?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 3 07:57:34 PDT 2005

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005, Jim Gifford wrote:

> Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>
> >  still reading the cross-lfs book, this page:
> >
> > http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/cross-lfs/ppc/cross-tools/binutils.html
> >
> > which refers to the patch in the subject line above.  but there is no
> > such patch in the patches/lfs/ directory anywhere.  can someone
> > clarify this?
> >
> > rday
> >
> It's obvious you haven't read chapter 3 were it tells you to
> download the files from.

that may be true, however (in my defense), if one reads the download
page here:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/download.html

and, furthermore, reads the following on that page, "In addition to
the packages you will need to download some patches" and follows the
"patches" link, i don't think it's unreasonable to expect to find, you
know, the patches there.  if you catch my drift.

rday