LFS-6.1.1 released

Micheal E Cooper network-admin at miyazaki-mic.ac.jp
Wed Nov 30 16:04:42 PST 2005

"Dan Nicholson" <dbn.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> later on if the new patches aren't included.  Installing glibc on a
> live system is not for the faint of heart as you could easily blow
> your whole system.

Well, I am doing this on a 2nd HDD with 3 primary partitions, one
extended. I plan to use these partitions for different installations and
experiments, like doing the Gentoo thing, doing the HowTo that gets you up
to a bash prompt, trying out Ubuntu, etc. Since this is just an initial
LFS attempt, there isn't much to blow away, so I might as well finish up
the install and then try to compile and install a bunch of stuff on it. If
it gets messed up, I just move on to iteration number 2. Thank you so
much.

And I would just like to say that, of all the movements/ distros I have
tried, the LFS community is the most responsive I have seen, but that
might be because it is much smaller and more serious (in the sense of
doing things the hard way) than other groups that might be filled with
more casual users.

Thank you for all this advice. It makes a world of difference.

mec