LFS-6.1.1 released

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 14:30:00 PST 2005

On 11/30/05, Micheal E Cooper <network-admin at miyazaki-mic.ac.jp> wrote:
> Then I can redo the process with 6.1.1. This being my first time with LFS,
> and since I am doing it to more fully understand Linux, I doubt that this
> first build will be used as an active system. I am interested in advanced
> concepts like the LFS user-based package management system, etc., so I was
> planning to make this the first of successive builds anyway.

Not a bad plan.  You'll certainly learn a lot each time you redo the
build.  Keep in mind that most of the changes in 6.1.1 you can do in
place on your 6.1 system.  The only (and possibly most important) one
is glibc.  There's a few bug fixes in 6.1.1 for glibc that might bite
later on if the new patches aren't included.  Installing glibc on a
live system is not for the faint of heart as you could easily blow
your whole system.

--
Dan