LFS-6.1.1 released

Micheal E Cooper network-admin at miyazaki-mic.ac.jp
Wed Nov 30 14:22:57 PST 2005

"Dan Nicholson" <dbn.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you're pointing you're browser at
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/, then it should now
> be 6.1.1.  Depending on how far you've gotten, you may want to restart
> the build.  I know, I know, you've put a lot of time into it.
> However, unless you go compare the two versions and figure out what
> changes in the build instructions have been made and figure out how to
> make the appropriate changes in your current build, it might get
> borked.

Since I am about to install the kernel and make it bootable, I think I
will complete this build with the LFS6.1 that is on the LiveCD itself.
Then I can redo the process with 6.1.1. This being my first time with LFS,
and since I am doing it to more fully understand Linux, I doubt that this
first build will be used as an active system. I am interested in advanced
concepts like the LFS user-based package management system, etc., so I was
planning to make this the first of successive builds anyway.

Thank you again,
Micheal