LFS-6.1.1 released

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 13:47:49 PST 2005

On 11/30/05, Micheal E Cooper <mcooper at miyazaki-mic.ac.jp> wrote:
> > The Linux From Scratch community is pleased to announce the release of
> > LFS 6.1.1. This release includes fixes for all known errata since
> > LFS-6.1 was released 4 months ago.
>
> Thank you for LFS. I am enjoying it immensely.
>
> I am in the middle of doing 6.1 with the LiveCD. Is the software all the
> same? In other words, should I just point the browser to the 6.1.1 book
> instead of 6.1, which is what I am reading now?

If you're pointing you're browser at
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/, then it should now
be 6.1.1.  Depending on how far you've gotten, you may want to restart
the build.  I know, I know, you've put a lot of time into it.
However, unless you go compare the two versions and figure out what
changes in the build instructions have been made and figure out how to
make the appropriate changes in your current build, it might get
borked.

As far as versions, almost all the packages are the same.  Some, e.g.
perl, have been updated with security fixes.  Others, e.g. glibc,
contain new patches which fix bugs.  Others, e.g. bzip2 and udev,
contain different build steps.  Look in the Changelog at the beginning
to see all the changes since 6.1.

--
Dan