grub setup problem

rick rick at ttys0.us
Tue Nov 29 11:55:10 PST 2005

Finally made it to 8.4 with apparent success, only took 4
tries to get here,  but I do have an error under grub when I
do the setup (hd0,0) command I receive the message

Checking if "/boot/grub/stage1" exists ... yes
Checking if "/boot/grub/stage2" exists ... yes
Checking if "/boot/grub/e2fs-stage1-5" exists ... no"

I am using the 6.1 CDLive disk on a system with a SCSI
drive, sda1 is the partition setup for the install and sdb1 is
the swap partition.

I dont know where to look for the problem, I have been
through the grub documentation and using the hd0,0
designation seems to be correct.  Trying root (hd0,1)
gives Error 22: no such partition.

Any help appreciated.

Rick Richardson