Errors building gcc 3.4.3

Subhash Chandra mr.subhash at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 15:50:53 PST 2005

On 11/28/05, Francesco Piccirillo <frapic at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for your answer...
>
> Ok, I understand, I must follow the book natively.
> However I HAVE TO build a kernel with the stack protector option set
> on, that is a "must".
>
> So, when do you suggest me to apply the right patches on the right
> packages during the entire process?
> Should I apply propolice patches in Pass1 or in Pass2 ?

I would suggest you to use them in chapter 6. The chapter 5 packages
are going to be removed anyway. So there is little point in
customizing them. More over, if you blow up something, You needn't go
back to the bigenning of the beginning. You can start from the /tools
(if you didn't remove it or had you archived it).

--
I don't know how much of what I say is true