Lfs base-system

Peter B. Steiger wyo_wl001 at bresnan.net
Mon Nov 28 15:41:57 PST 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-28 at 09:52 +0100, Jurriaan Pruis wrote:
> Does there exists a tarbal of the whole base system of lfs(before
> chrooting)?
> mine doesn work good, gcc errors etc etc.

Even if you find one, that would be defeating the purpose of LFS...
well, one of the purposes anyway.  The point in building LFS is that it
is compiled specifically to fit your system architecture; someone else's
build would be optimized for their system instead.

Rather than ignore the errors, you would be better off finding and
fixing them now, before you have a lot more time invested in a system
built on a shaky foundation.  Don't be afraid to ask questions and show
your error messages... that's what these guys are here for!  Heaven
knows I've asked some pretty stupid questions myself lately, and I've
been using LFS for three years.

If the problem is that your host system's platform has problems
preventing the initial build of core tools, you could start with the LFS
Live or some other LiveCD platform - I have thought about using my
daughter's Gentoo install CD as a base from which to build LFS on her
Windows system.

Good luck, and don't give up!

--
Peter B. Steiger