Package user, perms problem

Subhash Chandra mr.subhash at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 03:24:25 PST 2005

>   Can you be a bit more specific as to what doesn't work? Does mplayer
> throw an error? Did you try to use different parameters to the '-vo'
> option?
I get the following error.
Can't open /dev/fb0: Permission denied
[fbdev2] Can't open /dev/fb0: Permission denied
vo_cvidix: No vidix driver name provided, probing available ones (-v
option for details)!
[cyberblade] Error occurred during pci scan: Operation not permitted
[mach64] Error occurred during pci scan: Operation not permitted
[mga] Error occurred during pci scan: Operation not permitted
[mga] Error occurred during pci scan: Operation not permitted
[nvidia_vid] Error occurred during pci scan: Operation not permitted
[pm3] Error occurred during pci scan: Operation not permitted
[radeon] Error occurred during pci scan: Operation not permitted
[rage128] Error occurred during pci scan: Operation not permitted
[savage_vid] Error occurred during pci scan: Operation not permitted
[SiS] Error occurred during pci scan: Operation not permitted
[unichrome] Error occurred during pci scan: Operation not permitted
vosub_vidix: Couldn't find working VIDIX driver

>   What is wrong with adding yourself to group audio (and, if necessary,
> group video)? This way you can control who has access to the according
> hardware.
Tried that too.

phoenix : admin disk audio video user
mplayer : mplayer audio video

Still getting the error.

--
║I don't know how much of what I say is true ║