LFS build size

IraqiGeek geek at IraqiGeek.com
Fri Nov 25 09:46:25 PST 2005

>>Hi all,
>>
>>I finished building LFS a while ago, and now I am trying to use it as a
>>foundation to make a similar system, only based on uClibc. Anyway, I was
>>wondering about what the size of the final build on the disk? Currently,
>>df
>>shows that it is taking ~305MB after removing all the sources and
>>tarballs.
>>I was hoping to get something around 50MB (or even less) after finishing
>>the
>>build and removing all the sources and tarballs.
>

> You might want to look at 'Insert' linux. It fills about 50MB, and is
> packed with a lot of useful tools.
> http://www.inside-security.de/insert_en.html
>
> Ian.

Insert is not what I had in mind. What I wanted was a LFS like base system
(No GUI, no extras) that I can use as a foundation for building an embedded
Zebra router, NFS server, or asterisk PBX. My target size is under 64MB, for
deployment with CF cards.

Anyway, the point of the post was to know the size of the LFS system once
built.

Regards,
IraqiGeek
www.iraqigeek.com