Hi! A few questions from a first timer

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 06:31:01 PST 2005

On 11/21/05, Justin R. Knierim <lfs at lfs-matrix.net> wrote:
> That is your problem right there.  There is a 6.1 tarball for the 6.1
> book.  The soon-to-be-released testing branch will be 6.1.1, and changes
> have been made to it so that those files aren't needed.  Please download
> the 6.1 tarball from any of the lfs ftp mirrors:
>
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/download.html#ftp

I'm with Gerard on this one.  6.1.1 is inches from being released, and
there's important bug fixes he'd be missing out on if he didn't do it.
 If you can do the build with a web browser open (always a good idea
because you want to copy and paste commands), then you can follow the
6.1.1 almost stable book at
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/testing/.

--
Dan