building an LFS image

IraqiGeek geek at IraqiGeek.com
Sun Nov 13 17:26:39 PST 2005

Hi,

Finally finished building LFS, and its booting fine. Now I want to make an
image file of the LFS system. The system was built on a vmware machine with
a virtual drive 4GB in size (3.7GB of which are for the root filesystem, and
300MB for swap space), and df reports that I am using 437MB of space (isnt
that a bit high considering that /tools was deleted along with the sources
directory). Anyway, if I use dd to make an image of the build into a file on
a second virtual hard disk, I get a 3.7GB image file.

How can I build an image file that has the same size of the LFS build files?

Thanks,
IraqiGeek