glibc-2.3.4 make check fail on nptl/tst-clock2

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Nov 10 14:38:05 PST 2005

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005, jstipins at umich.edu wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am using the LiveCD 6.1 to install LFS 6.1.  I have successfully installed
> earlier versions of LFS on other machines, so I'm not a complete novice.
>
> On my system, which uses an AMD Athlon 64 processor, the glibc-2.3.4 "make
> check" fails when running the nptl/tst-clock2 test.  I am not including the
> specific error messages, because this exact problem has been described other
> times on the LFS forums.  For example, see:
> http://archives.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/lfs-support/2005-August/028065.html

  I think the small amount of available information on google for
tst-clock2 failing suggests it isn't common (other than on i586).  I
haven't seen it on my own machines, so I've no idea why it happens.
I'll guess it's as likely to be a problem in the testsuite as a problem
in the code being tested.

  In the absence of any follow-ups to the postings that google found, I'd
be tempted to assume it isn't a showstopper.

Ken