glibc-2.3.4 make check fail on nptl/tst-clock2

jstipins at umich.edu jstipins at umich.edu
Thu Nov 10 09:28:17 PST 2005

Hi there,

I am using the LiveCD 6.1 to install LFS 6.1.  I have successfully installed
earlier versions of LFS on other machines, so I'm not a complete novice.

On my system, which uses an AMD Athlon 64 processor, the glibc-2.3.4 "make
check" fails when running the nptl/tst-clock2 test.  I am not including the
specific error messages, because this exact problem has been described other
times on the LFS forums.  For example, see:
 http://archives.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/lfs-support/2005-August/028065.html

I will add that even the first compilation of glibc (in Chapter 5) produces
this error in "make check," and I'm running straight off the 6.1 LiveCD.

So far, I have been unable to find a reference to a resolution or explanation
of this problem.  I do not even know whether it is a "serious" problem
(although any errors in glibc make me wary).  The most I could find was a
vague reference to how the recent Linux kernels deal with threads:

http://archives.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/lfs-dev/2005-July/052212.html

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks,
-Janis